Chhattisgarh launched "Millet Mission" to become India's millet hub.

  • The objective of Millet Mission is to provide farmers with fair price rates for small grain crops.
  • This initiative is also a step in the direction of the Chief Minister's vision of making the State the millet Hub of India.
  • To implement the mission, the state government has signed a MoU with the Indian Institute of Millet Research (IIMR), Hyderabad and the collectors of 14 districts of the state.

Haryana has topped in the installation of off-grid solar pumps under PM-KUSUM.

  • Haryana has installed 14,418 pumps against the sanctioned 15,000 pumps for the year 2020-21.
  • Haryana was given a target of 15,000 pumps for the year 2020-21 at a total cost of Rs 520 crore.
  • The centrally sponsored PM-KUSUM scheme was launched in 2019 with a target to install 20 lakh standalone solar pumps.
  • Under this scheme, farmers have to bear 40% of the cost of the pump, while the central and state governments subsidize the remaining 60% for solar pumps with a capacity of up to 10 hp.
  • However, Haryana and some other states have provided additional top-up on subsidy, reducing the farmer's share to less than 25 per cent.
  • PM-KUSUM - Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha Evam Utthan Mahaabhiyaan

Justice M. Venugopal was appointed as the acting chairman of the NCLAT.

  • Justice M Venugopal has been appointed as the new Acting Chairperson of the Appellate Tribunal, the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT).
  • The NCLAT was constituted under Section 410 of the Companies Act, 2013 to hear appeals against the orders of the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT).
  • It is also an appellate tribunal for hearing appeals against orders passed by the NCLT under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) and the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI).
  • It is also the appellate tribunal to hear and dispose of appeals against any direction or decision or order passed by the Competition Commission of India (CCI).

Subramanian Swamy's book "Human Rights and Terrorism in India".

  • Subramanian Swamy has published a book titled Human Rights and Terrorism in India, which explains how to counter terrorism within reasonable restrictions that harmonize with human and fundamental rights, which are permitted by the Constitution and upheld by the Supreme Court.
  • The thesis of this study is that India should promote the concept of identity as a nation to prevent terrorism.
  • The release of three dreaded terrorists in exchange for the hijacked Indian Airlines passengers in Kandahar, Afghanistan in 1999 is the worst surrender for terrorists in India's modern history.

Skyroot Aerospace has become the first spacetech startup to formally tie up with ISRO.

  • A Hyderabad-based space technology startup, Skyroot Aerospace has become the first private company to formally tie up with the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).
  • Skyroot Aerospace is building the Vikram series of rockets to carry small satellites into space.
  • The first launch vehicle of the series, Vikram-1, is scheduled to be launched in 2022.
  • Skyroute, founded by former ISRO scientists, is building the Vikram series of rockets to carry small satellites into space.
  • The startup has already tested its solid propulsion rocket engine called Kalam-5, the larger version of which will power its rockets.
  • The agreement will enable Skyroute to conduct multiple tests and access facilities at various ISRO centers and receive all assistance in manufacturing the launch vehicle.

Post a Comment

Please do not add any SPAM links or unrelated text in comments.

Previous Post Next Post