14 November - World Diabetes Day

    Theme - Access to Diabetes Care

13 November - World Kindness Day

    Theme - Kindness: The World We Make – Inspire Kindness.

The Indian Navy Commissions the 4th Scorpene-class submarine INS Vela.

  • The Indian Navy received the fourth Scorpene class submarine under Project 75 on November 09, 2021 after completing all the trails at sea.
  • The ship has been inducted into the Navy as INS Vela.
  • Under Project 75, six Scorpene-designed submarines are being built at Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) Mumbai in collaboration with M/s Naval Group, France.
  • The 1st three submarines operating under Project-75 are INS Karanj, INS Kalvari and INS Khanderi.
  • Presently the Indian Navy has 12 submarines. Apart from this there are two nuclear submarines INS Arihant and INS Chakra.

World Bank sanctions Rs 770 crore for Inland Water Transport Department in Assam.

  • The World Bank and Inland Water Transport (IWT) department of Assam has signed a MoU for a Rs 770 crore loan to improve river transportation in the state.
  • Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma gave this information while flagging off four steel catamaran ships at Pandu port in Assam.
  • The central government would refund 80% of the sanctioned amount and the state government would bear the remaining 20%.

The 6th Indo-French bilateral military exercise EX SHAKTI 2021 will begin from 15 November.

  • Navies of India and France will conduct the 6th edition of the biennial training exercise EX SHAKTI 2021 from November 15 to 26, 2021 at Frejus, France.
  • The Indian Army will be represented by the Gorkha Rifles Infantry Battalion and the French Army will be represented by soldiers from the 21st Marine Infantry Regiment of the 6th Light Armored Brigade.
  • The exercise will focus on counter-insurgency operations and enhance military cooperation and inter-operability between the two armies.
  • In addition, India and France will also conduct the biennial Air Force training exercise Exercise VARUNA and the biennial maritime training exercise Exercise VARUNA.

Book titled "Nehru: The Debates that Defined India" by Tripurdaman Singh and Adeel Hussain released.

  • The book titled Nehru: The Debates That Defined India is co-authored by Tripuradaman Singh and Adil Hussain.
  • A new book serves as a revisionist exploration of India's first and longest-serving Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru and examines the overlooked role of his contemporaries and opponents in shaping his political vision.

Professor Bimal Patel of India was elected to the International Law Commission for a term of 5 years.

  • Professor Bimal Patel from India has been elected to the International Law Commission for a term of five years.
  • His five year term will start from January 1, 2023.
  • Professor Patel is the Vice-Chancellor of the National Defense University and a member of the Indian National Security Advisory Board.
  • Patel, 51, secured 163 votes out of 192 members in the United Nations General Assembly. This was the most votes received by a candidate in the Asia-Pacific Group.
  • The Geneva-based International Law Commission (ILC) was established by the UN General Assembly in 1947.
  • The ILC is a body of experts responsible to develop international law and its codification.
  • The Commission consists of 34 member who are elected by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) every five years.

Post a Comment

Please do not add any SPAM links or unrelated text in comments.

Previous Post Next Post